Think LaGrange First
The Town of LaGrange has launched a new campaign "THINK LaGRANGE FIRST". The campaign will be carried out in conjunction with the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce “Think Local First” program. LaGrange has scores of businesses that make our town great. We want the region to know who they and spot the fact that they are in LaGrange, NY.
Some highlights of the LaGrange initiative are:
- “The Town of LaGrange Supports Think Local First” posters will be provided by the Chamber of Commerce to advertise the campaign. The posters will be displayed at community events and in Town Hall.
- LaGrange businesses have been invited to LaGrange Community Day on June 13 2008 to help residents and visitors identify who they are and where they are located in LaGrange.
- The LaGrange Farmers Market will open on June 20, 2009 on Rte 55 at the M&T Bank with a Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting Ceremony at 10:00 AM.
- LaGrange businesses will receive a letter from Supervisor Wagner asking for their support of the program as well as their cooperation in identifying their respective businesses as being located in LaGrange when they advertise.
- In the near future The web site will include content regarding LaGrange Businesses and their location on a map of the town for reference by residents and visitors.
- A future brochure will be developed highlighting existing LaGrange businesses as well as the fact that LaGrange is a great place to establish a new business.
Shopping local keeps our businesses alive and supports our commercial tax base. Jobs, sales tax revenue and the development of new commercial properties depend on a healthy business community.
Supervisor Wagner is asking all LaGrange residents to consider a new twist to a familiar slogan; When you shop, when you dine and even when you shop on line; THINK LaGRANGE FIRST.
You can download a copy of the above map in .PDF format HERE.